Saturday, April 17, 2010

Where Have I Been?

This last year has been a whirlwind. I am not sure how we have made it to April 2010. Our last year has consisted of two long trips to the east coast, lots of sickness and doctors appointments, some school, and some fun (not as much as I would have liked) :).

As far as school for the girls we have had many fun field trips, lots of hands-on-learning, and even some "book learning." I am very far behind in planning but the basics have been covered, so I am content with that.

Elizabeth continues to be a joy and a challenge. I can't begin to explain how difficult it is to raise a daughter who is just like yourself..... She is smart beyond her years and understands things that most children at eight do not care much about. I love her dearly and I'm looking forward to what the next year has in store for her.

Rebekah continues to be the easy going (mostly) and witty child. She is just like Ken and not much like me. She is extremely bright, but doesn't like to let on what she knows. We are working on beginning reading and surprised me about a month ago by writing her name at church (we had been working on it, but she didn't really get it, or so I thought!).

Ken and I are doing well, when we see each other. We are both busy with church, karate, church, kids, church....you get the picture. I have been battling a sinus thing for weeks and it is getting old, FAST. I am starting to feel a bit better, but we will see what the new weeks bring.

This blog has remained dormant for far too long. My goal is to start from today and post past pictures and fun stuff as I get to them. Stay tuned for more fun stuff to come!

0 comments: